- My favorite color is what your eyes see when hot pink and orange sit next to each other.
- I dream of one day owning a used bookstore/boutique-style thrift store/coffee shop.
- I'm a secret nerd. I love figuring out things work, listening to podcasts about obscure things, and reading is my favorite hobby.
- I have a deep love for crafting, especially if those crafts involve working with paper.
- I found my love for Harry Potter late in life and have completely embraced the fandom.
- Random careers I've wanted in the past: animal trainer for movies, interior designer, painting teacher, American Girl magazine photographer
- My husband Nathan is from South Africa so I'm slowly learning to understand and speak Africaans.
- I'm a Type 5 on the Enneagram (at least I think so) and an INTJ
- I was born in New Jersey (lived there for 13 years), moved to Pennsylvania (lived there for another 13 years), and now I live in Texas (for 2 years so far). I'm still very much a Northern girl, and probably always will be. You'll probably never hear me say "ya'll" and I'll forever be made fun for the way I say "water".
- The adorable guy below is our "fur baby" Teddy (also known by his full name, Theodore Bear). We rescued him from the shelter a year ago, and have no clue what kind of breed he is or how old he is, but that doesn't matter because we love him like crazy.
“I must have flowers, always, and always.” - Claude Monet
Hello, my name is Laura, and I'm so glad that you're here. Art has always been a part of my life. It's taken on many forms through out the years, from painting, to photography, to crafting, to sewing, and generally just trying to make everything instead of buying it.
My mom would probably tell you that I picked up a paintbrush before I even learned to write. While all of my friends in elementary school were taking dance classes and playing sports, I was taking watercolor painting classes. I started in 4th grade until we moved in 8th grade, but I never stopped painting.
For awhile it seemed like I had forgotten that I loved painting or even how to paint, while I pursued other passions like photography and working on a thrift boutique. It took working retail for a year after moving to Houston to discover just how much I needed art in my life. My dream when I was young was to be a painter, somehow I had forgotten that while chasing other things. But a soul-crushing job brought that dream back into my life, and it's here to stay.
I'm so excited to share my art with you and have it beautify your home and life.
Wedding photo by Lauri Tripaldi